The company Castus Konsum ApS was established in Denmark in 1952 by Henry Schmidt, and later the management of the company was taken over by his son Hans Schmidt. For many years, the company was run by the Schmidt family based at Rødovre.
Castus’ logo has been from the beginning – the red circle represents a sun (sunbathing fruit), and Castus translates from Latin “Purity”
In August, Castus was acquired by CPC Foods A / S
Production moves to Vadum near Aalborg
Castus is being acquired by Unilever
The Whole Company A/S acquires Castus A/S.